Participating in GiveBackHack not only allows community members to find like-minded individuals of various backgrounds (social impact, technology, business & more) to help execute on ideas, it provides top mentorship and even better: resources and funding.
All resources listed below will be awarded at the conclusion of the GiveBackHack weekend after Sunday evening pitches! The full community is welcome to join in these exciting moments, RSVP for your free Sunday evening ticket.
To be eligible for resources, RSVP for weekend-long participation.
As of today, the following resources have been pulled together for the GiveBackHack Columbus Class of 2017:
Funding Provided To Top Teams:
- $10,000 will be presented to top team(s) by IGS
- $5,000 will be presented to top team(s) from United Way of Central Ohio
note: funding must be used to further beta test your GiveBackHack social innovation
Resources Provided To Top Teams:
- A seat in the Wells Foundation Executive Education Seminar ($2100 value)
- (3) Consulting session with Alex Purtell of Lumos Accelerator
- (3) Complimentary video services from Premier Digital Strategies
- A complimentary portrait session from Commons Studio
- (2) A 3-Month Space Membership to Lumos Innovation
- In-Kind website & design resources (40-50 hours; $5000 value) from the Wells Foundation
- Hosting services from Digital Ocean ($500 value)
- 10-20 Hours of Process Flow Design from Groundwork Group ($2,500 in value)
- 1 month of co-working space (desk membership) at Bottoms Up Coffee
- Sketch Application Licenses
- (8 tickets) to the CIO Virtual-Tomorrow VR Party ($400 value) provided by the Wells Foundation
Resources Provided To ALL GiveBackHack Teams:
- Kwame Christian Law: 1-hour free consulting session
- Center for Social Enterprise Development: opportunity to attend an invite-only panel on funding and investor relations (April 11th, 2017)
- Github: Free month of web-hosting and repositories for all participants
- Code School: Free month of online coding resources
- Startups.co: Free month trial for a Premium Bizplan Account for all things business planning
- Boost (formerly Precision Pricing): Invitation to ask Boost about pricing/valuation questions
- Balsalmiq: free accounts through August 1st, 2017
A big part of what makes GiveBackHack such a special launchpad for social innovation is the resources our organizing teams and the community work hard to provide to participants of our event. We are so grateful to our community organizers and the sponsors who step up to support their social enterprise ecosystem!